The Akron Bar Foundation awards law students with scholarships.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
1. Have a financial need;
2. Be a citizen of the United States of America;
3. Have an affiliation with Summit County;
4. Attend a law school in Ohio;
5. Be in good academic standing;
6. And demonstrate a history of community involvement.
Please submit completed application and accompanying items before Fri., Mar. 26, 2021.
Electronic submission are accepted via email or by mail:
Akron Bar Foundation
Attn: Gala & Scholarship Committee
57 S. Broadway Street
Akron, Ohio 44308
In order for consideration, your Application Packet must include the following items:
1. A current resume;
2. A completed typed Application Form;
3. A certified transcript(s) from your academic institution(s);
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation;
5. And a FERPA Release Form, which permits us to perform an academic and disciplinary background check.
Please Note: Only supporting documents, e.g. certified transcript, letter of recommendation, and the FERPA Release Form, received directly from an academic institution or author are accepted.
Following review of an Application Packet, qualified applicants will receive instructions for scheduling their interview.