Community Legal Aid is a private non-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for those in need. Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low-income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio, concentrating its efforts on legal work that makes a difference in the lives of those it serves.
• Provides comprehensive, high-quality legal services to eligible clients in civil cases in accordance with organizational policies and the Rules of Professional Conduct.
• Creates an effective and efficient office environment to support the provision of high-quality legal services.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relations with client groups, community organizations and the state justice community.
• Pursues and maintains personal professional development and contributes to the professional development of others who serve clients and the client community.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Admitted to the practice of law in Ohio or sitting for the bar exam in July 2017.
• Excellent legal writing and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of the poor.
• Personal characteristics include professional attitude, excellent persuasive and interpersonal skills, use of diplomacy and tact.
• Strong working knowledge of legal research tools and Microsoft Office; and high comfort learning and using other software or technology utilized by the firm.
• Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Reports To: Managing Attorney
Salary: $40,000+ DOE. Excellent working environment and benefits package.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, references and writing sample to [email protected] and write Position #1702 in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
CLAS is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.