Need an Attorney? Call us FIRST!
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
If you don’t know what type of attorney you need…
Or if you just have a couple of questions…
Why choose the LRIS?
Since 1875, the Akron Bar Association has been home to the legal professionals in Summit County. Since 1948, the Bar has operated the LRIS and provided referrals to local attorneys. We know Akron’s lawyers and we will connect you with a lawyer who understands your needs.
The Right Lawyer
Our attorneys are pre-screened for experience and education, must be in good standing with the Supreme Court of Ohio and the Akron Bar Association, and must have proof of liability insurance. They are qualified to handle your case.
You will receive up to a 30-minute consultation with an attorney for a non-refundable $30 fee.
For referrals concerning Disability Benefits, Personal Injuries, and Bankruptcy, the 30-minute consultation is free of charge.
If you decide to retain the attorney, further fees will be discussed during your consultation.
What are people saying?
“I have used the referral line a number of times over the last few years.
I have found it most helpful in connecting me to legal help. I trust that the lawyers to whom I’m referred are vetted to a standard and have expertise in the specific field I require, rather than just plucking a random name and hoping for the best.
I am further confident that the lawyers I meet are held accountable by the ABA referral service to provide a satisfactory response at a remarkably affordable price.”
“When my long-term disability payments were unexpectedly canceled I was at a loss on who to call for help. I found the ABA referral number on the Internet and gave them a call. Within a few days I was contacted by an attorney who specialized in disability claims. He explained up front what he could do and the expected cost. After several months of collecting medical records and depositions he filed an appeal and the insurance company reversed their decision and reinstated my disability payments.
I was very pleased with the ABA and the attorney they refered me to. I would highly recommend using this service to anyone needing legal counsel or representation.”
“This is an excellent service, especially for a situation like mine where it was difficult to find an attorney that specializes in what I needed. I would definitely recommend your services and would use them again is the need arises. Thank you!”
If you need a pro bono attorney, please contact Community Legal Aid Services, Inc. at 1-800-998-9454.
The Lawyer Referral Service offers referrals to attorneys who practice in the following areas of law:
- Administrative & Government Law (Education, Municipal, Military, Government, Contest of Election, Indian Affairs)
- Benefits & Social Security Law (Social Security, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment, 401k, Pensions, ERISA, Veterans’ Benefits)
- Business & Commercial Law (Contracts, Corporations/Partnerships, Buy/Sell Agreements, Franchising, Bankruptcy, Taxation, etc.)
- Consumer, Bankruptcy & Tax Law (Auto, Home, Retail, Construction, Bankruptcy, Taxation, Collections, Equine, Predatory Lending)
- Civil Rights (Discrimination, Sexual Harassment – not work related)
- Criminal & Traffic Law (Traffic, Misdemeanors, Felonies, Juvenile, Federal, Appeals, DUI, Victim Assistance, Drug Offenses, etc.)
- Domestic Law (Divorce, Dissolution, Domestic Violence, Post-Divorce Issues)
- Elder Law (Medicaid, Nursing Home Neglect)
- Entertainment Law (Liquor & Gaming Licenses)
- Environmental Law
- Financial Law (Stocks, Bonds, Securities, Commercial Loans, International Trusts, International Commerce)
- Insurance Law (Life/Benefits, Property/Auto Accident, Medical Payments/Health)
- Intellectual Property (Copyrights, Trademarks, Patents)
- Juvenile Law (Custody, Child Support, Parentage, CSB Matters)
- Labor Law (Discrimination, Employer/Employee, Wrongful Discharge, Sexual Harassment, ERISA)
- Malpractice (Medical, Dental, Legal)
- Probate (Wills, Estate Planning/Trusts/Tax, Will Contest, Adoption, Probate Estate, Guardianship, Power of Attorney, Mental Health)
- Real Estate & Foreclosure (Purchase/Sale, Tenant & Landlord Issues, Boundary Dispute, Foreclosure, Condo Associations, Zoning, etc.)
- Tort, Negligence & Personal Injury (Assault, Libel/Slander, Product Liability, Property Damage, Personal Injury, Class Actions, etc.)
- Wrongful Death
Please note that all information received by the Akron Bar Association is kept in the strictest of confidence. We will not distribute any information you provide to solicitors.