Leadership Academy Inaugural Class | 2015 – 2016
In 2013, the Akron Bar Association initiated a New Lawyer Task Force to identify and address the needs of our emerging members. One of the Task Force’s recommendation was the creation of a leadership academy. The Akron Bar’s Board of Trustees ratified the Leadership Academy Subcommittee and assigned to them the responsibility of creating and sustaining this program.
The Leadership Academy seeks to identify emerging attorneys who demonstrate characteristics of leadership, professionalism, and community stewardship. Through the Academy, participants engage in a curriculum designed to strengthen their leadership development through self-discovery.
- Orientation and Mini-retreat | September
- Introduction to the Judiciary, Summit County Courts | October
- Leadership in Action | November
- Board of Governors, Akron Bar Foundation | January
- Annual Gala, Akron Bar Foundation | February
- Community Volunteer and Board Training | March
- Day of Service – VALID Clinic | April
- Summit County Government | May
- Graduation Ceremony, Akron Bar Association – Annual Meeting | June
- Akron Bar’s Director of Membership | (330) 436-0106