The Akron Bar Association Incubator Program is looking for participants to add to its Barberton Incubator program. The program, modeled on many successful programs across the country, offers low-cost office space for new lawyers. Lawyers in the program are solo practitioners who work with an experienced mentor and ABA leadership to establish practices in Summit County. The program is housed in office space in Barberton leased by the Akron Bar Association from the Barberton Community Development Corporation and is supported by the Barberton Community Foundation.
The Bar is soliciting expressions of interest in participation in the Incubator Program. Candidates to participate as new lawyers should meet the following qualifications:
- Licensed to practice for 5 years or fewer.
- Desiring to work with a mentor to develop a business plan for a solo or small firm practice in Summit County.
- Willing to commit to participation in the program for 18 months.
- Obligated to pay rent to the program as follows: 6 months, no rent; 6 months $250 per month; 6 months $500 per month.
- Willing to meet reasonable requirements for pro bono and/or limited means representation.
Potential candidates should submit a letter of application and resume to ABA Executive Director, C. Allen Nichols ([email protected]).
2015/2016 Incubator Participants