The Senior Lawyers Committee consists of members of the Akron Bar Association who are either 60+ years of age or in practice 30+ years. Annually, the Committee is responsible for planning and hosting a Fall Outing in October, a Spring Dinner in May, and creating CLE programming tailored to their membership.
Senior Lawyer of the Year Award:
The Award recognizes a practitioner of the law based upon the following criteria:
- A nominee should be any Akron Bar Association member who is either 60+ years of age or in practice 30+ years.
- Years of service to the Association’s committees or sections.
- Work accomplished by the nominee for the Summit County legal community or wider community
- Work carried out by the nominee in civic, charitable, or philanthropic activities.
- Activities carried out by the nominee in support of their legal alma mater.
To nominate a candidate, please complete the nomination form.
1995-1996: Jerome L. Holub
1996-1997: Paul E. Weimer
1997-1998: Fred E. Eastman
1998-1999: Charles E. Pierson
1999-2000: Jerry F. Whitmer
2000-2001: A.E. Shama
2001-2002: Robert W. Blakemore
2002-2003: Stan B. Schneiderman
2003-2004: G. Bernard Harris
2004-2005: Edwin “Ned” Oldham
2005-2006: Frank H. Harvey, Jr.
2006-2007: Dianne R. Newman
2007-2008: George T. Manos
2008-2009: Michael B. Hendler
2009-2010: Tom Henretta
2010-2011: Stephen A. Fallis
2011-2012: Barbara A. Venesy
2012-2013: George M. Miller
2013-2014: Bruce H. Wilson
2014-2015: James E. Davis
2015-2016: Terry Zimmerman
Thomas Christos Petropoulos
Membership Director, Akron Bar Association