William Price, Esq., Elk & Elk
- Basic questions to figure out whether the case is “dog”
- Questions the client must answer at your first meeting
- The Contingency Fee Agreement: You, the lawyer, must accomplish these tasks with the client
- Documents the client must sign
- Instructions for the client – what the client must do!!!
- How to communicate with the client so that you do not draw an ethics complaint
- What the Ohio Code of Professional Conduct requires you to do after the meeting with the client
- Insurance: How to get the most money out of the insurance company from day one
- Sending letters to the insurance company – a simple methodology to win insurance adjuster over
- Your “Punch List” for document and information collection
- How to discuss the value of the case with your client
- How to deal with the client when he/she believes that the case is worth more than you believe
- How to win over the client – send them a copy of the demand letter
- Convincing the adjuster to give you their top dollar on their evaluation
- Deciphering the adjuster and filtering the bull#$%@
- How to leverage the file – file suit
- Mediation – Just another opportunity to show off to your client and make money
- Ending the case on a high note
3.0 general CLE approved & 3.0 general NLT requested
At no additional charge, Seminar Materials are digitally available two or three days before the seminar date. To access or download the written materials, visit the Seminar Materials page or log into your “MyAkronBar” account and visit the “MyCLE” tab.
Printed Written Materials:
For $10, participants may purchase a set of Printed Written Seminar Materials, which are available for pickup at the seminar.