Senior Lawyers Committee
The Senior Lawyers Committee consists of members of the Akron Bar Association who are either 60+ years of age or in practice 30+ years. Annually, the Committee is responsible for planning and hosting a Fall Outing in October, a Spring Dinner in May, and creating CLE programming tailored to their membership.
Senior Lawyer of the Year Award
The Award recognizes a practitioner of the law based upon the following criteria:
- A nominee should be any Akron Bar Association member who is either 60+ years of age or in practice 30+ years.
- Years of service to the Association’s committees or sections.
- Work accomplished by the nominee for the Summit County legal community or wider community
- Work carried out by the nominee in civic, charitable, or philanthropic activities.
- Activities carried out by the nominee in support of their legal alma mater.
To nominate a candidate, please complete the online nomination form
- 2018-2019: Coming soon…
- 2017-2018: Shirley A. Simon
- 2016-2017: William M. Oldham
- 2015-2016: Terry Zimmerman
- 2014-2015: James E. Davis
- 2013-2014: Bruce H. Wilson
- 2012-2013: George M. Miller
- 2011-2012: Barbara A. Venesy
- 2010-2011: Stephen A. Fallis
- 2009-2010: Tom Henretta
- 2008-2009: Michael B. Hendler
- 2007-2008: George T. Manos
- 2006-2007: Dianne R. Newman
- 2005-2006: Frank H. Harvey, Jr.
- 2004-2005: Edwin “Ned” Oldham
- 2003-2004: G. Bernard Harris
- 2002-2003: Stan B. Schneiderman
- 2001-2002: Robert W. Blakemore
- 2000-2001: A.E. Shama
- 1999-2000: Jerry F. Whitmer
- 1998-1999: Charles E. Pierson
- 1997-1998: Fred E. Eastman
Akron Bar Staff Liaison:
Membership Director | 330.436.0106