Senior Lawyers Committee
The Senior Lawyers Committee consists of members of the Akron Bar Association who are either 60+ years of age or in practice 30+ years. Annually, the Committee is responsible for planning and hosting a Fall Outing in October, a Spring Dinner in May, and creating CLE programming tailored to their membership.
Senior Lawyer of the Year
This Award recognizes a practitioner of the law based upon the following criteria:
- A nominee should be any Akron Bar Association member who is either 60+ years of age or in practice 30+ years.
- Years of service to the Association’s committees or sections.
- Work accomplished by the nominee for the Summit County legal community or wider community
- Work carried out by the nominee in civic, charitable, or philanthropic activities.
- Activities carried out by the nominee in support of their legal alma mater.
To nominate a candidate, please complete the online nomination form
- 2018-2019 | Coming soon…
- 2017-2018 | Shirley A. Simon
- 2016-2017 | William M. Oldham
- 2015-2016 | Terry Zimmerman
- 2014-2015 | James E. Davis
- 2013-2014 | Bruce H. Wilson
- 2012-2013 | George M. Miller
- 2011-2012 | Barbara A. Venesy
- 2010-2011 | Stephen A. Fallis
- 2009-2010 | Tom Henretta
- 2008-2009 | Michael B. Hendler
- 2007-2008 | George T. Manos
- 2006-2007 | Dianne R. Newman
- 2005-2006 | Frank H. Harvey, Jr.
- 2004-2005 | Edwin “Ned” Oldham
- 2003-2004 | G. Bernard Harris
- 2002-2003 | Stan B. Schneiderman
- 2001-2002 | Robert W. Blakemore
- 2000-2001 | A. E. Shama
- 1999-2000 | Jerry F. Whitmer
- 1998-1999 | Charles E. Pierson
- 1997-1998 | Fred E. Eastman
- 1996-1997 | Paul E. Weimer
- 1995-1996 | Jerome L. Holub
Akron Bar Staff Liaison
Membership Director | 330.436.0106