Applications must be postmarked no later than March 24, 2017. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered for an award. Qualified applicants will be contacted to arrange for an interview, which will take place in April.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be attending a law school in Ohio.
- You are in good academic standing with your school(s).
- You have an affiliation with Summit County.
- You have a demonstrated history of community involvement.
- You have financial need.
In order for your application to be considered, you must include the following typed information:
- An updated resume.
- The completed typed 2017 – 2018 Scholarship Application. The application is in Adobe PDF format and can be downloaded and completed on your computer.
- A certified transcript from your school(s). Request your transcript well in advance. Transcripts may be mailed directly to the Foundation by your school.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character. No relatives, please. Request your letters of recommendation well in advance. Recommendations may be mailed directly to the Foundation by the writer.
- An FERPA release form from your school for us to do an academic and disciplinary check after the interview.
Deadline and Submissions:
Submit your completed application and accompanying items to:
Akron Bar Foundation
57 S. Broadway St.
Akron, OH 44308
For more information, please contact the Foundation and Office Operations Director (330) 436-0103.