Applications must be postmarked no later than March 27, 2020. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered for an award. Qualified applicants will be contacted to arrange for an interview. Timing for the review process and interviews will be announced.
- You have financial need.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You have an affiliation with Summit County.
- You will be attending a law school in Ohio.
- You are in good academic standing with your school(s).
- You have a demonstrated history of community involvement.
In order for your application to be considered, you must include the following typed information:
- Current resume
- The completed 2020-2021 Scholarship Application. The application is in fillable Adobe PDF format and can be downloaded and completed on your computer. Please do not submit a handwritten application.
- A certified transcript from your school(s). Request your transcript well in advance. Transcripts MUST be mailed directly to the Foundation by your school.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character. No relatives, please. Request your letters of recommendation well in advance. Recommendations MUST be mailed directly to the Foundation by the writer.
- A FERPA release form from your school permitting us to perform an academic and disciplinary check after the interview.
Deadline and Submissions
Submission Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020
Submit your completed application and accompanying items to:
Akron Bar Foundation
57 S. Broadway Street
Akron, Ohio 44308
For more information, please contact the Foundation and Office Operations Director at 330.436.0103.