Need an Attorney? Call us FIRST!
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
Let our Lawyer Referral Service find the best lawyer for you in the area of law you need. Our attorneys are pre-screened for experience and education, and must be in good standing with the Supreme Court of Ohio and the Akron Bar Association.You will receive up to a 30-minute consultation with an attorney for $30* (payable through this website using Visa, MasterCard or Discover). If you decide to retain the attorney, further fees will be discussed during your consultation.*For referrals concerning Social Security, Unemployment, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injuries, Wrongful Death, and Personal Bankruptcy, the first 30-minute consultation is free of charge.
If you already know what type of attorney you need…
If you don’t know what type of attorney your need…
If you just have a quick question or two…
In order for attorneys to participate in the Lawyer Referral Service, they must have a certain amount of experience and education in their selected practice areas, they must be in good standing with the Supreme Court of Ohio, they must be able to provide proof of liability insurance, and they must be in good standing with the Akron Bar Association.
We do not rate or rank our attorneys, and we are unable to arrange free or reduced fee legal services. Please contact Community Legal Aid Services, Inc. at 1-800-998-9454 to see if they can assist with pro bono legal services.
If you need a lawyer in another state, please visit the American Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Directory.
The Lawyer Referral Service offers referrals to attorneys who practice in the following areas of law:
- Administrative & Government Law (Education, Municipal, Military, Government, Contest of Election, Indian Affairs)
- Benefits & Social Security Law (Social Security, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment, 401k, Pensions, ERISA, Veterans’ Benefits)
- Business & Commercial Law (Contracts, Corporations/Partnerships, Buy/Sell Agreements, Franchising, Bankruptcy, Taxation, etc.)
- Consumer, Bankruptcy & Tax Law (Auto, Home, Retail, Construction, Bankruptcy, Taxation, Collections, Equine, Predatory Lending)
- Civil Rights (Discrimination, Sexual Harassment – not work related)
- Criminal & Traffic Law (Traffic, Misdemeanors, Felonies, Juvenile, Federal, Appeals, DUI, Victim Assistance, Drug Offenses, etc.)
- Domestic Law (Divorce, Dissolution, Domestic Violence, Post-Divorce Issues)
- Elder Law (Medicaid, Nursing Home Neglect)
- Entertainment Law (Liquor & Gaming Licenses)
- Environmental Law
- Financial Law (Stocks, Bonds, Securities, Commercial Loans, International Trusts, International Commerce)
- Insurance Law (Life/Benefits, Property/Auto Accident, Medical Payments/Health)
- Intellectual Property (Copyrights, Trademarks, Patents)
- Juvenile Law (Custody, Child Support, Parentage, CSB Matters)
- Labor Law (Discrimination, Employer/Employee, Wrongful Discharge, Sexual Harassment, ERISA)
- Malpractice (Medical, Dental, Legal)
- Probate (Wills, Estate Planning/Trusts/Tax, Will Contest, Adoption, Probate Estate, Guardianship, Power of Attorney, Mental Health)
- Real Estate & Foreclosure (Purchase/Sale, Tenant & Landlord Issues, Boundary Dispute, Foreclosure, Condo Associations, Zoning, etc.)
- Tort, Negligence & Personal Injury (Assault, Libel/Slander, Product Liability, Property Damage, Personal Injury, Class Actions, etc.)
- Wrongful Death
Please note that all information received by the Akron Bar Association is kept in the strictest of confidence. We will not distribute any information you provide to solicitors.