AKRON BAR FOUNDATION
2013-2014 Academic YearThe Akron Bar Foundation provides scholarships to law students based on grade point average, affiliation with Summit County, history of community involvement, and financial need.
Applications must be postmarked no later than Thursday, April 4, 2013. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered for an award. Qualified applicants will be contacted to arrange for an interview, which will take place in April.
Qualified applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be attending a law school in Ohio.
- You are in good academic standing with your school(s).
- You have an affiliation with Summit County.
- You have a demonstrated history of community involvement.
- You have financial need.
In order for your application to be considered, you must include the following typed information:
- An updated resume.
- The completed, typed application. The application is in Adobe PDF format, and can be downloaded and completed on your computer.
- A certified transcript from your school(s). Request your transcript well in advance. Transcripts may be mailed directly to the Foundation by your school.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character. No relatives please. Request your letters of recommendation well in advance. Recommendations may be mailed directly to the Foundation by the writer.
- A FERPA release form from your school for us to do an academic and disciplinary check after the interview.
Mail your complete application to
Akron Bar Foundation
57 S. Broadway St.
Akron, OH 44308
Contact Mrs. Weigand at firstname.lastname@example.org.