The Akron Bar Foundation invites your application for funding for programs or projects that meet one or more of the following objectives:
• Will improve the justice system Deadline for Preliminary Letter of Inquiry (required only for applicants who were not awarded an Akron Bar Foundation Grant in 2012): 4 p.m. February 28th, 2013
• Will improve equal access to justice
• Will improve the quality of justice through public service and/or law-related education
Deadline for Grant Application: 4 p.m. March 28th, 2013
Late applications cannot be considered.
The Foundation is currently using the Ohio Common Grant Forms and attachments, which are provided to us by the Ohio Grantmakers Forum (OGF). These forms provide clear instructions and are user-friendly. You can download them to your computer, type your responses directly into the form, and email the completed form back to the Foundation. Moreover, numerous funders across the state accept one or more of the forms, which can save you time reformatting your application information when applying to other funders who accept the OGF forms. Please be aware that the Foundation has slightly amended these forms in order to elicit the information necessary for the Foundation’s needs, and for ease of use.
The following required forms are available in Microsoft Word for download:
1. Preliminary Letter of Inquiry
. A preliminary inquiry will give us an initial understanding of your request; after reviewing your inquiry, we will either request your fuller proposal or will inform you that we are unable to support your request.
2. Grant Application Short Form
. Please answer all questions individually in each section.
3. Revenue/Support and Expense (previous year) Form
4. Budgeted Revenue/Support and Expense (current year) Form
5. Project Request Budget Form
6. Final Report Form
Provide one original and five copies
of your completed application and attachments to:
Akron Bar Foundation
57 S. Broadway
Akron, OH 44308
If you choose to submit your application electronically, additional print copies are not required. Grants are announced in mid-May. Questions? Call the Akron Bar Association at (330) 253-5007.