Changes in the Akron Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral & Information Service
Shantell George, LRIS Director
October 28, 2016
Some changes have been implemented in the Lawyer Referral and Information Service at the Akron Bar and more are still in the works!
The ABA LRIS is committed to helping our member attorneys profitably grow their practices, and the following changes have been put in place in an effort to achieve that result:
- One of the changes (which you may already have noticed) is the way incoming calls are screened. We are trying to get more, detailed information before sending a referral to a participating attorney. This is an attempt not only to provide our attorneys with more information before talking to the clients but also to make certain the client is giving a consistent narrative throughout the intake process. In addition, we are focused on better qualifying the callers to reduce the number of unproductive referrals that should be directed to other agencies.
- Another change that we hope you notice is an increase in advertising and the way it is focused. LRIS has spent a significant amount of time gathering demographic information for Summit and surrounding counties and has developed a strategy geared to reach the maximum number of residents in our target demographic using the most effective methods available, including underwriting the Studio C Sessions on The Summit FM and advertising in The Devil Strip.
- We have also increased our social media activity to enhance our organic internet search results. If you would like to expand your social media reach, please connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
- Accreditation from the Akron BBB took effect in September, offering the long-trusted seal that potential clients recognize.
- Participation in the new nation-wide LRSconnect.org, which is a directory of American Bar Association approved lawyer referral services throughout the U.S. A new 501(c)3 organization, LRSconnect is here to compete with for-profit “attorney directory” companies, beginning with spending $40k each month on AdWords funded by a Google Grant.
Don’t forget, you can update your referred cases anytime online! Click here to view instructions.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch by email or phone at (330) 436-0117.
Interested in increasing your clients without increasing your overhead? Become an LRIS attorney and reap the benefits of our client screening process.