The Akron Bar Association was founded on February 20, 1875, with approximately 50 members. It now has an active membership of over 1,400 lawyers, most of who are in private practice, plus an additional 500+ associate members.
The Akron Bar Association is dedicated to improving the administration of law and justice by fostering community service, educating the Bar, improving public understanding of the law and justice system, and promoting the integrity of the profession.
On December 3rd, 2007 the Akron Bar Association moved into its new permanent home at 57 South Broadway Street in Akron, Ohio.
The Fire Station, built in 1915, is a magnificent historical building centrally located in the heart of Akron, close to the Courthouses and The University of Akron School of Law. The Akron Bar Association spent almost two years renovating the building, involving new technology while preserving certain historical aspects of Fire Station #1. The Akron Bar Association is proud to be a contributing member to the revitalization of downtown Akron.
Our meeting rooms are available to rent for both our members and the public. More information can be found here.