Women In Law
ABOUT THE WOMEN IN LAW SECTION:
This new section is for anyone interested in promoting diversification in the practice of law, featuring monthly CLE luncheons, social networking events and more. The Women in Law Section typically meets on the 2nd Monday of each month (excluding December, July & August) at 11:45 a.m. at the Akron Bar Association.
Join the Women in Law Section Facebook Page!
March 11th, 2013: Mentoring, Teaching & Learning
April 8th, 2013: The Road to Independence: Women's Journeys to Starting Their Own Law Firm
The Women in Law Section seeks to promote the administration of justice and to secure the full participation of women in the legal profession. In striving to improve the standard of excellence in the practice of law, we:
- Increase the impact of women lawyers in the legal profession by providing effective mentoring, training, and support;
- Expand networking opportunities for women lawyers;
- Empower women lawyers to be effective leaders in the profession and in their communities;
- Provide educational opportunities to build successful practices – both as businesswomen and practitioners;
- Assist law firms and organizations in their efforts to attract and retain women lawyers; and
- Provide women lawyers an avenue to return to the active practice of law.